Top 5 Reasons for TILOS
Linear Scheduling Planning linear construction projects by using time location diagrams and the comprehensive linear scheduling features is highly effective. Deliver optimized and reliable schedules. Communicate your projects effectively.
Professional Presentations Present high-quality plans that showcase your talent and give confidence in your ability to deliver. Visualize the whole project on a single summary. Assist the whole team and the key stakeholders to easily understand the plan.
Integrated Project Planning You do the planning using industry-specific planning features. TILOS calculates the deadlines and the total time required in one integrated system.
Open Data Exchange Exchange data with other project management systems such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project and Asta Powerproject. Import site data such as mass haul, elevation or site map. Insert quantities, equipment and costs from spreadsheet.
Cost Effective TILOS quickly pays for itself when compared to other planning methods. Reduced planning time with improved schedule clarity results in more smooth construction sequences and helps to avoid clashes and machine downtime.
Applications and Features
Highway Construction TILOS provides a comprehensive planning tool for road projects of all sizes and complexity.
Pipeline Construction Pipeline construction presents construction challenges such as maintaining crew separation, equipment move-arounds, permitting, land acquisition and crossings.
Railway Construction TILOS comes with a set of special railway building functions to support the daily work of the planners.
Engineering In bridge projects the pile and foundation work is normally created as rectangles showing at which pile the work gets executed. This work is repeated in time for each pile. TILOS supports bulk creation of tasks - each on the defined position.
Tunnel Construction TILOS supports a number of special functions for tunnel builders to make planning easier while delivering even more data.
Water Engineering Harbor facilities, waterways, canals, wave-breakers, dikes, barrages, widespread sheet pile walls - many buildings along and across waters and the sea are linear projects.
Scaled Location Charts
- Use powerful drawing tools to place symbols and objects based on distance coordinates
- Use a symbol library to easily prepare scheme drawing diagrams
- Import existing route-diagrams directly into the chart and scale them to size automatically
- One chart has everything you need
- Split the chart into multiple sections so you can display more information
- Clearly show the different stages of construction
- Include detailed drawings with site plans
- Show resource usage (plant, people and materials)
Resource and Cost Planning
- Reduce risk by integrating cost, quantity and performance planning
- Calculate task duration from the working speed (performance) and the distance or from work quantity and performance
- Calculate resource utilization using quantities or time with flexible calculation models
- Create quantity and cost charts to show time-specific and absolute resource requirements over the duration of a project
- Compare costs and income to show project profit
- Compare values with a project baseline or use other project profiles
- Calculate costs based on resource usage
- Define project, scale, site plan and chart areas, and use them to create customizable project views showing common data in different ways
- Set axis orientation and direction individually for each cell
- Integrate Gantt diagrams, time and location diagrams, cost and resource diagrams, and spatial information to one comprehensive chart
Mass Haul Data and Diagrams
- Create different types of material such as cut, fill and disposal
- Enter or import different cut/fill locations and quantities
- Create tasks based on quantity and productivity for each cut/fill movement to quickly build a schedule
- Display consumption graphs based on location or time
- Update projects regularly and monitor actual progress against the original plan
- Progress tasks by location as well as by time and completion percentage attained
- Baseline and compare the original plan to current project progress to detect variances immediately and compensate for them in real-time
- Instantly update the current project status and calculate new deadlines with reference to the reporting date
- Calculate earned value measures for tasks and sub-projects
- Display distance progress as a distance Gantt chart
Value Added Services
Our planners have real experience in developing linear plans for many different industries. Many of our clients have made use of our expertise to develop and maintain plans for all project stages, whether it is FEED, bid, detailed design or execution. We can bring all the details of your project together in a single plan.
We work effectively with your engineering and construction teams to develop a plan that represents the challenges of your project and will help you maintain the plan during construction. Tracking progress in a linear plan gives you the detail that is necessary to clearly represent when and where the project was completed. This detail is not possible using traditional CPM methodology.
A well developed schedule is one of the cornerstones of a successful project. When resource limitations in your team create bottlenecks for the timely delivery of a schedule consider using our services. Our team of experienced planner/schedulers will work with your team to deliver a high quality product that adheres to the highest standards of scheduling, including the widely accepted 14-point DMCA guidelines.
Whether you need scheduling support for a short term deliverable (such as during the bid phase) or for a longer term, please contact us
Our partner, Acumen, has revolutionized schedule analysis with the development of FUSE, their project analytics tool. We all know that a sound schedule is the basis for successful project management. Use Fuse to pinpoint and resolve scheduling flaws resulting in a more realistic and achievable plan.
Technical Information and Licensing
- Dual Core CPU, 2x2000 MHz, 1 GB RAM (or more)
- Screen resolution
- QVGA 1280×960 (4:3)
- WXGA 1280×800 (16:10)
- Quad Core CPU, 4 * 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM
- Screen resolution
- Full HD 1920×1080 (16:10)
TILOS is tested with the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows VISTA Business (32 bit/ 64 bit)
- Windows 7 Professional (32 bit/ 64 bit)
- Windows 8 Pro (32 bit/ 64 bit)
- Windows 10 Pro (32 bit/ 64 bit)
- In general TILOS will run also on Windows Home Editions, but this is not recommended from us.
- We do not support usage on Microsoft Surface Equipment
- Windows2000 Server
- Windows2003 Server
- Windows2008 Server (64 bit)
- Windows2012 Server (64 bit)
- Most SAN or NAS equipment
- For Terminal Server usage contact the Hotline please
- Powerproject: Compatible with versions 10, 11, 12 and 13
- Microsoft Project: Compatible with versions 2003 (no calendars), 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Oracle primavera P6: Compatible with Primavera-XML-Exchange files from Version 7 or newer
TILOS License Types
TILOS is currently available in the following ten languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Turkish
TILOS Single User License
- "Standalone license" for installing on a local Windows workstation. The license is connected to this client workstation
TILOS USB License
- "Portable license". The installation is on a USB-stick. It can be used with every Windows workstation (see Requirements)
- This is a real mobile version, as no files have to be copied or registered on the local workstation. The license is connected to the USB stick
TILOS Floating Network License
- The software can be installed on a number of networked computers and a license located centrally in a shared folder that all have access to
- When the software is started on one computer it uses a license, and when the software is closed it releases a license
- The number of simultaneous concurrent users can be much smaller than the number of occasional users of the software
- The software can be on local machines on a wide-area-network, or can be centrally located and published under Remote Desktop or Citrix
TILOS Company License
- The software can be installed on a number of networked computers. The names of the users who need access to a license need to be compiled on a list, which is shared in a folder that everyone has access to.
- The software can only be used by one of the nominated people listed, but the list can be edited
- This situation is useful in larger deployments and where users need assured access to the software
TILOS Support and Contact Information
We manufacture specialized software. This is why we offer special support:
Whether it's per hotline or e-mail, you will receive knowledgeable advice regarding your TILOS enquiry. No call centers or answering machines, we give our support matters a personal touch!
Clients with a valid support contract automatically receive a new update upon release for their software. Preferential treatment regarding complex TILOS matters is guaranteed by our hotline.
Users with annual maintenance contracts will get automatically new software updates. In addition also more complex questions will be answered directly and preferential at the hotline.
Information for our technical hotline:
Monday to Thursday: 08.30 am - 5:30 pm (GMT +1)
Friday: 08.30 am - 1:00 pm (GMT +1)
Phone: +49 721 - 4647 - 2829 (Europe)
In general, contacting our hotline you should have ben prepared the following information:
- Your Software Product-ID
- Your Company Name and address
- The current software version
- Which Operating system you are working on and the assigned User Rights
76187 Karlsruhe, Germany
Europe: +49 721 - 4647 - 2829
Americas: (937) 245-5154
Americas Toll Free: (800) 361-1249