Compaction Control for Asphalt Compactors
The Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System is the premium system for improving asphalt compaction operations and rolling a more efficient surface.
Trimble CCS900 offers several advantages to improve your compaction efficiency:
- Pass count mapping allows you to monitor the number of passes over an area and adjust your effort to avoid over or under-compaction
- Wireless data share allows each compactor to see the work being done by other compactors in real-time, so operators know which areas have been compacted and which areas still need to be completed. Operators can achieve more consistent compaction while also reducing the amount of under- and over-compacted areas to improve surface quality, and save time and fuel.
- The wiring harness and brackets are permanently installed for optimal fit and integration with the machine body
- Connected Site Ready, so with your existing components you can begin transferring compaction data to the office for analysis in VisionLink
- Install on any asphalt compactor with open or enclosed cab
The full-featured Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System is available in three cab-mounted configurations:
- Single GNSS (MS992 or MS972 Smart GNSS Antenna)
- Dual GNSS (MS992 or MS972 Smart GNSS Antenna)
- Total station-based with the MT900 Machine Target
In-cab components include the Trimble CB460 or CB450 Control Box and an optional in-cab printer for on-site documentation and sign-off purposes.
The Trimble CCSFlex Compaction Control System is a reliable and affordable option to leverage compaction control technology and help you be more competitive. The easy-to-use CCSFlex “system in a case” provides accurate pass count mapping without a GPS base station and without a 3D design.
The CCSFlex system offers many features and benefits to the paving contractor:
- Facilitates optimal compaction by displaying pass count information to the operator in real-time
- Easy to install in a couple of hours
- Portability makes it ideal for rented compactors
- Flexibility allows you to move the system between compactors
- Works on any asphalt compactor with open or enclosed cab
As a more cost-conscious entry-level configuration, CCSFlex helps you work more efficiently and create a better surface without investing in the full-featured system. You can always upgrade later with additional temperature sensors, precision GNSS corrections, or a larger display screen.
Monitoring and Analysis
Supervisors and quality managers can monitor compaction activities using the optional in-cab printer or the web-based VisionLink fleet, asset and productivity solution from Trimble.
VisionLink can be used to:
- Continuously monitor pass counts and compaction meter values over the entire area and on all material layers
- Improve testing success, reduce rework and lower ongoing maintenance costs
- Reduce over-compaction to optimize fuel use and machine time
- Ensure uniform lift, consistent pass counts and target compaction meter values to increase the surface quality and operational life
- Monitor temperature maps to ensure compaction to the specified temperature range