SPS985 GNSS Smart Antenna
The Trimble SPS985 GNSS Smart Antenna and SCS900 Site Controller Software are ideal for:
- Measuring and verifying original ground levels and site features
- Monitoring real-time cut/fill information
- Checking finished grade and laid material thickness against design elevations and tolerances
- Computing progress and material stockpile volumes
- Monitoring, and conducting quality control for earthworks and paving operations
- Assessing as-built measurements and generating high quality reports for approvals and payment
When used as a rover, the SPS985 enables wide variety of site measurement tasks including pole-mounted for grade checking, ATV-mounted for progress monitoring, and truck-mounted for site supervision.
For initial site reconnaissance, you can deploy it with satellite-delivered GNSS corrections without a base station. For higher accuracy site measurements such as grade checking, it can receive Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) corrections via the internal wideband radio, Wi-Fi or the Internet.
A grade checker can mount the SPS985 to an ATV and easily conduct site topos, check as-builts and verify road centerlines where it is not easy or safe to walk with a range pole. Extending its productivity, the same unit can then be mounted on the roof of a supervisor's truck roof to collect and manage progress data.
Wi-Fi Base Station
As a base station, the SPS985 incorporates Wi-Fi communications for small site projects and optional wideband radio for long-range operations on large projects.
Designed for ease of use, it will automatically establish a radio or Wi-Fi connection and transmit RTK corrections to another rover or machine control system. When it is that easy, construction crews can spend more time doing the work and less time setting up and maintaining the equipment.
The SPS985 GNSS Smart Antenna can utilize more GNSS constellations, satellites, and signals than traditional GPS, so it delivers greater accuracy in more challenging conditions such as under tree canopy and in urban areas. That also means more uptime using the system and more productivity for job crews.
The SPS985 is powered by advanced Trimble R-Track technology and the following satellite systems and correction sources:
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and BeiDou Navigation Satellite System
- Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) such as WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, and QZSS
- OmniSTAR VBS, XP or HP
- Precision GNSS base station (RTK corrections)
- DGPS using UHF radio links (RTCM)
- Virtual Reference Station (VRS)
- Trimble Internet Base Station Service (IBSS)
- Trimble xFill™ technology